- Bhat, A.I., Martin, A, John, A, Isaac. N and Eapen, S.J. 2017. Indian Plant Virus Database - a platform for showcasing research on plant viruses in India. Curr Sci., 113(1) 27-29.
- Deeshma, K.P. and Bhat, A.I. 2017. Occurrence of endogenous Piper yellow mottle virus in black pepper. VirusDis 28:213-217
- Bhat, A.I.; Hohn, T.; Selvarajan, R. Badnaviruses: The Current Global Scenario. Viruses 2016, 8, 177. doi:10.3390/v8060177.
Sasi, S, and Bhat, A.I. 2016. Optimization of cyclic somatic embryogenesis and assessing genetic fidelity in six varieties of black pepper (Piper nigrum L). J Med Plants Stud. 4: 109-115.
- Umadevi, P.Bhat, A.I., Krishnamurthy, K.S., Anandaraj, M. 2016. Influence of temperature on symptom expression, detection of host factors in virus infected Piper nigrum L. Indian J Exp Biol. 54: 354-360.
- Sasi, S., Revathy, K.A. and Bhat, A. I. 2015. Rapid identification of transgenic black pepper using loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) and real-time LAMP assays. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 24: 466-469.
- Deeshma, K.P. and Bhat, A.I., 2015. Complete genome sequencing of Piper yellow mottle virus infecting black pepper, betelvine and Indian long pepper. Virus Genes 50: 172-175
- Deeshma, K.P. and Bhat, A.I. 2014. Further evidence of true seed transmission of Piper yellow mottle virus in black pepper (Piper nigrum L.). J. Plantation Crops 42:289-293.
- Bhat, A.I.,, Sasi, S.,. Revathy, K.A., Deeshma, K.P. and Saji, K.V. 2014. Sequence diversity among badnavirus isolates infecting black pepper and related species in India. Virus Disease, 25: 402-407.
- Bhat, A.I. and Siljo, A. 2014. Detection of viruses infecting black pepper by SYBR Green-based real-time PCR assay. Journal of Plant Pathology, 96: 105-109.
- Siljo, A. and Bhat, A.I. 2014. Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid and sensitive detection of Banana bract mosaic virus in cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum). European Journal of Plant Pathology, 138:209-214.
- Siljo, A., Bhat, A.I., and Biju, C.N. 2014. Detection of Cardamom mosaic virus and Banana bract mosaic virus in cardamom using SYBR Green based Reverse Transcription-Quantitative PCR. Virus Disease 25: 137-141.
- Hany, U., Adams, I.P., Glover, R., Bhat, A.I., and Boonham, N. 2014. The complete genome sequence of Piper yellow mottle virus (PYMoV). Archives of Virology, 159: 385-388.
- Bhat, A.I., Siljo, A. and Deeshma, K.P. 2013. Rapid detection of Piper yellow mottle virus and Cucumber mosaic virus infecting black pepper (Piper nigrum) by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP). Journal of Virological Methods 193: 190-196.
- Siljo, A, Bhat, A.I., and Biju, C.N. 2013. Symptomatological and coat protein gene sequence studies suggest high variability in Cardamom mosaic virus isolates occurring in India. Journal of Spices & Aromatic Crops 22: 70-75.
- Bhat, A.I., Siljo, A. and Devasahayam. 2012. Occurrence of symptomless source of Piper yellow mottle virus in black pepper (Piper nigrum L.) varieties and a wild Piper species. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection. 45: 1000-1009.
- Siljo, A., Bhat, A.I., Biju, C.N. and Venugopal, M.N. 2012. Occurrence of Banana bract mosaic virus on cardamom. Phytoparasitica. 40:77-85.
- Jiby, M.V., Bhat, A.I.. 2011. An Efficient Agrobacterium-Mediated Transformation Protocol for Black Pepper (Piper nigrum L.) UsingEmbryogenic Mass as Explant. Journal of Crop Science and Biotechnology, 14: 247-254.
- Retheesh, S.T. and Bhat, A.I.. 2011. Genetic transformation and regeneration of transgenic plants from protocorm-like bodies of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) using Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 20: 262-269.
- Bhadramurthy, V, Bhat, A.I., and Biju, C.N. 2011. Occurrence and coat protein sequence based characterization of Bean yellow mosaic virus (BYMV) associated with vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) in India. Archives Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44: 1796-1801